RS-232/TTL to #4 RS-485/422 Isolated HUB
IP Electronix PH232T485Y14 is a Bi-Directional RS-232 to 4 RS-485/RS-422 HUB that provides #4 RS-485/RS-422 ports from one single RS-232 port that converts RxD & TxD signals of RS-232 standard to differential (Data+ & Data-) signals of RS-485 standard and (RX+, RX- & TX+, TX-) signals of RS-422 standard at a same time. It works with Baud-Rate from 300bps to 230400bps. Using this device, you can connect a RS-232 line, to 4 different devices which have RS-485 or RS-422 ports.
Since RS-485 is a Half-Duplex standard, switching between Transmit and Receive is done automatically and further signals (such as RTS) are not required. PH232T485Y14 supports Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multi Point Party Line network topologies.
There are 3kV Optical and Electrical insulations have between RS-232/TTL UART and RS-485/422 sides, thus using this device in the RS-485/RS-422 line, can be very effective in eliminating electrically and electromagnetically noises.
Protection against Surge, ESD and EMI is considered in its design, so, PH232T485Y14 is good for industrial usage and is useful for Industrial Automation, Telecommunications, SCADA Systems, DCS Systems and …
- RS-232/TTL UART to #4 RS-485/422 Bi-Directional Isolated HUB;
- Number of Ports: #1 RS-232 to #4 RS-485/422 Bi-Directional Repeater;
- Serial Standard: Meets or Exceeds the Requirements of TIA/EIA-232-F and ITU v.28 Standards;
- RS-232 Signal (Full Flow Control Support): TxD, RxD, DTR, RTS, DSR, CTS, GND;
- RS-232 Parity: Even, Odd, None, Mark and Space;
- Standard TTL TxD and RxD Signals, suitable for directly connect to a Microcontroller
- Serial Standard: Meets or Exceeds the Requirements of RS-485/422 Standards;
- RS-485 Signal: Data+, Data-, GND;
- RS-422 Signal: TX+, TX-, RX+, RX-, GND;
- RS-485/422 Parity: Even, Odd, None, Mark and Space;
- Maximum Communication Distance: 2400m (1200m each side);
- Loading: RS-485 and RS-422 Side up to 32 Nodes are supported;
- Fully Plug & Play;
- Wide Range Power Supply: +8V to +48V DC;
- Serial Transmission Speed up to 230.4 kbps;
- Power (Green) LED Indicator;
- Transmit (Blue) and Receive (Yellow) LED Indicator;
- Isolation Protection: 3kV Instantaneous, 500V DC Continuous;
- Surge Protection: Embedded 1500W Surge Protection;
- Magnetic Isolation:5 kV Built-in;
- ESD Protection: Exceeds ±15 kV Using Human-Body Model (HBM);
- Dimensions: 218mm x 122mm x 30mm (8.58in x 4.80in x 1.18 in);
- Operating Temperature: -10°C to +70°C (+14°F to +158°F);
- 1 Year Guarantee and 5 Years Support.