RS-485/RS-422 Isolated USB Adapter
IP Electronix PH485Ux1 is a USB Adapter that provides a Serial COM Port via its USB connection and is compatible with RS-485 standard devices differential (Data+ & Data-); and RS-422 standard devices differential (TX+, TX- & RX+, RX-) signals. PH485Ux1 is fully Plug & Play a and enables your laptop or workstation with the ability to communicate between a USB port and a RS-485/422 serial peripheral with baud-rate from 300bps to 230400bps.
PH485Ux1 supports Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multi Point Party Line network topologies. Since RS-485 is a Half-Duplex standard, switching between Transmit and Receive is doing automatically and no further signal (such as RTS) is required.
Any external power supply is not required, as PH485Ux1 takes its power from the USB Bus.
Protection against Surge, ESD and EMI is considered in its design and also has 3kV insulation between USB and RS-485/422 sides.
PH485Ux1 is designed for industrial usage and is useful for Industrial Automation, Telecommunications, SCADA Systems and DCS Systems …
PH485Ux1 comes complete with drivers for Microsoft Windows. Drivers are also available for Linux, Mac OS and Android.
- USB to RS-485 and RS-422 Bidirectional Converter;
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 supported (up to 480 Mbps);
- Number of Ports: #1 RS-485/RS422 Serial Port, #1 USB Port;
- Adds #1 COM Port to the PC;
- Fully Plug & Play;
- RS-485 Signal: Data+, Data-, GND;
- RS-422 Signal: TX+, TX-, RX+, RX-, GND;
- Maximum Communication Distance: 1200m (4000 feet);
- Loading: RS-485 and RS-422 Side up to 32 Nodes are supported;
- Bus-Powered (No External Power Supply Required);
- Serial Transmission Speed Up to 230.4 kbps;
- Insulation Protection: 3kV Instantaneous, 500V DC continuous;
- Serial Standard: Meets or Exceeds the Requirements of RS-485/RS-422 Standards;
- RS-485/422 Parity: Even, Odd, None, Mark and Space; Selectable;
- Driver Supported: Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS and Android (32 & 64 Bits) Operating Systems;
- USB (Green) LED Indicator;
- Transmit (Blue) and Receive (Yellow) LED Indicator;
- ESD Protection: RS-232 Bus-Pin ESD Protection Exceeds ±15 kV Using Human-Body Model (HBM);
- Dimensions: 26mm x 71.6mm x 122 mm (1.03in x 2.8in x 4.82in);
- Operating Temperature: -10°C to +70°C (+14°F to +158°F);
- 1 Year Guarantee and 5 Years Support.